Is your the Kansas City area parking lot starting to show its age? Is your commercial pavement stable but starting to look worn and damaged? Asphalt overlay is a great option for these kinds of situations, but to the most effective, it needs to be performed by paving contractors with integrity.
In Blue Springs MO, Gann Asphalt & Concrete Inc is the trusted paving company for commercial asphalt repairs, and we want our customer to be educated about pavement repair solutions like asphalt overlay.
Asphalt Overlays: How they can save your parking lot
So how does an overlay work? Here’s the way it works:
- Existing pavement (parking lot, loading zone, road) is professionally cleaned
- Any minor repairs like crack filling are performed; more serious damage like potholes are fixed with asphalt patching
- The overlay is performed: a fresh layer of hot asphalt is poured over the clean, repaired surface. This layer is compacted and graded.
- It’s recommended that you seal a new overlay with a sealcoating to preserve the pavement.
What Asphalt Overlay Can Fix
- An aging pavement surface that’s dry or brittle
- Pavement that has a stable, intact gravel aggregate base
- Older pavement that’s been repaired several times already
- Pavement with different levels
What Overlays Can’t Fix
- Asphalt over 20-25 years old
- Any pavement that has a damaged subbase
- Pavement damaged from drainage issues
- Asphalt that hasn’t been cleaned or thoroughly repaired
Gann Asphalt & Concrete, Asphalt Repair Experts for Blue Springs MO
Do you want to give your parking lot or commercial pavement new life with asphalt overlay services? Don’t wait for asphalt damage to get worse!
Contact the pavement repair experts at Gann Asphalt & Concrete Inc today!