- Fully Detailed Pavement Cleaning
- Hot Pour Application Asphalt Crack Sealing
- Protective Pavement Coatings (Seal Coating)
- Lot Striping & Markings (Including ADA Compliance)
- Concrete “Bumper Block” Installation
- Parking Lot Signage Replacement & Repair
We’ve all heard “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” nothing could be truer regarding you pavement surfaces. A proper maintenance program can more than double the life expectancy of your pavement. In addition to prolonging the life of your pavement; maintenance services such as sealcoating and striping can help keep your property safe and inviting for your customers and guests!
What is sealcoat?
Sealcoat is typically a refined coal tar or asphalt based emulsion applied in liquid form to the surface of the asphalt creating a film or barrier that protects your pavement from the elements.
Simply put, sealcoating extends the life of your pavement! Sealcoat acts as a barrier from the element the most negatively affect your pavement surface.
Sun Oxidation: Sunlight and U.V. rays break down the oils, or binder that hold the pavement in place. Over time as the pavement oxidizes, it becomes more brittle, therefore more susceptible to cracking. Sealcoating helps slow the oxidation of the pavement, keeping it more “flexible.”
Water penetration: As cracks form within the pavement, water is allowed underneath the pavement, weakening the sub-base. (The material under the pavement.) Once the sub-base has been compromised, allegation or potholes can often begin to form. Sealcoating, in addition to rubberized crack filling, deter the water, blocking it from penetrating the pavement surface.
Fuel/Oil/Chemical spills: These products break down the oils within the pavement creating soft spots that can quickly deteriorate. Again, sealcoating works to keep these spills from absorbing into the pavement.
How often should I sealcoat?
Depending on the amount of traffic your parking lot receives, we recommend every two to three years as part of a proper pavement maintenance program.
Here are some helpful tips to make your next pavement maintenance project successful.
- Contact Gann Asphalt & Concrete, Inc. for a no cost consultation, site evaluation and written proposal.
- Once work is scheduled notify all residents, tenants or employees via email, phone or newsletter.
- Contact other service providers that may be affected by scheduled work such as school bus services, mail carriers, delivery drivers and waste disposal.
- Verify sprinkler systems have been disengaged prior to scheduled work, allowing time for the pavement to be completely dry.
- Have emergency tow service on standby for any necessary vehicle removal.
No Cost Pavement Evaluation and Consultation
Speak with one of our expert customer representatives to discuss any pavement questions or concerns you may have with no obligation to you!
Non-Commissioned Customer Representatives
Take comfort in knowing that our staff has only YOUR best interest in mind! Your investment is OUR investment.
In House Field-Staff
Whether we are providing asphalt, concrete, sealcoating or striping services, Gann Asphalt & Concrete uses only our highly trained and experienced crews!
We stand behind our workmanship! All Projects come with a written warranty!