If you have an asphalt parking lot that’s cracked, broken, or deteriorating in more than one place, it can be scary to think about paying for pavement repair, but there is a cost effective, permanent repair solution for damaged parking lots: asphalt resurfacing.
Asphalt resurfacing services can save your damaged commercial pavement, and Gann Asphalt & Concrete, Kansas City MO’s trusted asphalt paving company, can show you how.
Asphalt Resurfacing FAQ
What is Asphalt Resurfacing?
Pavement resurfacing is a repair process that removes and replaces the very top layers of asphalt. By removing only the top couple inches of asphalt, you avoid the costs of repairing and replacing the whole asphalt installation, while also extending the life of your parking lot by up to 15 years.
When should you resurface your asphalt parking lot?
Asphalt pavement wears down over time, suffering from cracking, water penetration, and deterioration, and there comes a time when asphalt repairs like crack filling and pothole patching aren’t effective anymore. By replacing the top layer of pavement, you can correct damage without disturbing the base layers, but it can only be performed if these layers are properly graded and stable.
The Asphalt Resurfacing Process
- Pavement Inspection – The first step in any pavement repair process is a thorough inspection of the property to identify defects in asphalt pavement.
- Site Preparation – The pavement needs to be free of obstacles like concrete bumpers and things like pipes protected before work can begin.
- Milling – This process grinds up the first few layers of pavement with cutting drums that break up the asphalt. The broken asphalt is removed and recycled.
- Minor Asphalt Repairs – If there are visible defects in the lower layers of pavement like potholes or cracks, they can be repaired at this time.
- Asphalt Resurfacing – Finally, it’s time to apply new layers of asphalt, building the pavement up until it’s the perfect level.
Gann Asphalt & Concrete: Call Us for Asphalt Resurfacing in Kansas City MO
At Gann Asphalt & Concrete, we’re dedicated to helping our customers using the most cost effective and long-lasting repair methods in the industry, including asphalt resurfacing and milling services. All our asphalt repair services are approached in this way, providing maximum value to our commercial clients in Missouri and Kansas.
Contact Gann Asphalt & Concrete, Kansas City MO’s trusted asphalt paving company, to discuss whether or not asphalt resurfacing is right for your property!